JOAD: Feb 5, 2021 – Feb 6, 2021
All-Ages: Feb 6, 2021 – Feb 7, 2021
DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, IL
Indoor 18 Meter 600 Round — 60 arrows
This year the format is an 18m 600 Round. (We’re hoping to hold a separate 25m Championship, at another date.)
In the JOAD tournament only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. In all other circumstances, the 40cm-size will be used (regardless of single or 3-spot).
How do I register?
What’s new this year?
Standard Tournament Info
- All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery guidelines.
- All Compound competitors shoot on a 40cm target face.
- All Compound competitors use the inner 10-Ring for scoring.
- In the JOAD event only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. All Cadet and Junior Recurve or Barebow/Basic Bow competitors will shoot on a 40cm FITA target face.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER USING THE LINK BELOW.
- Trophies or Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- Out of state shooters are welcome and eligible for medals.
- While we usually recommend arriving 1 hour early, for COVID restrictions this year, archers are only allowed to check-in 30 mins before their line time.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller in diameter. (Note: 2317s are too large, and cannot be used.)
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced. (Summary here)
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
- Each shooting line has a maximum of 36 spaces.
The JOAD State Indoor Championship will be requiring membership in a JOAD club for participation.
All shooters will be eligible for medals regardless of registry method.
USA Archery Age Categories for 2021:
If you were born in 2009 or more recently, you are a Bowman
If you were born in 2007 or 2008, you are a Cub
If you were born in 2004, 2005 or 2006, you are a Cadet
If you were born in 2001, 2002, or 2003, you are a Junior
If you were born in 2000-1971, you are a Senior
If you were born in 1970-1961, you are a Master 50+
If you were born in 1960-1951, you are a Master 60+
If you were born in 1950-1941, you are a Master 70+
If you are competing in nationals, make sure to sign up BOTH on Rcherz for the state event AND on Sport80 for USA Archery Nationals.
- Register for the ITAA JOAD State Championship
- Register for the USAA JOAD National Championship
- Fill in the ITAA One-Question Online Questionnaire
Some of the steps mentioned above can be tricky to find. There’s some extra explanation over here.