JOAD: Feb 5, 2021 – Feb 6, 2021 (or Feb 13th)
All-Ages: Feb 6, 2021 – Feb 7, 2021 (or Feb 14th)
DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, IL
Kishwaukee Archers, Sycamore, IL
Because the DuPage County Fairgrounds are now being used as a COVID vaccine distribution center, they are no longer available for the tournament. The event will now be held at Kishwaukee Archers, 28278 Lukens Rd, Sycamore, Illinois, 60178.
Schedule Update – Additional Dates!:
If you are already registered, you should receive an email letting you know of the location change. We still must follow COVID protocols and have decided to add additional dates to give more people the opportunity to shoot. The additional dates and line times will be as follows:
- JOAD: Saturday, February 13 at 11:30 AM
- All Ages: Sunday, February 14 at 9:00 AM and 1:00PM
Indoor 18 Meter 600 Round — 60 arrows
This year the format is an 18m 600 Round. (We’re hoping to hold a separate 25m Championship, at another date.)
In the JOAD tournament only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. In all other circumstances, the 40cm-size will be used (regardless of single or 3-spot).
How do I register?
What’s new this year?
Standard Tournament Info
- All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery guidelines.
- All Compound competitors shoot on a 40cm target face.
- All Compound competitors use the inner 10-Ring for scoring.
- In the JOAD event only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. All Cadet and Junior Recurve or Barebow/Basic Bow competitors will shoot on a 40cm FITA target face.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER USING THE LINK BELOW.
- Trophies or Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- Out of state shooters are welcome and eligible for medals.
- While we usually recommend arriving 1 hour early, for COVID restrictions this year, archers are only allowed to check-in 30 mins before their line time.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller in diameter. (Note: 2317s are too large, and cannot be used.)
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced. (Summary here)
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
- Each shooting line has a maximum of 36 spaces.
The JOAD State Indoor Championship will be requiring membership in a JOAD club for participation.
All shooters will be eligible for medals regardless of registry method.
USA Archery Age Categories for 2021:
If you were born in 2009 or more recently, you are a Bowman
If you were born in 2007 or 2008, you are a Cub
If you were born in 2004, 2005 or 2006, you are a Cadet
If you were born in 2001, 2002, or 2003, you are a Junior
If you were born in 2000-1971, you are a Senior
If you were born in 1970-1961, you are a Master 50+
If you were born in 1960-1951, you are a Master 60+
If you were born in 1950-1941, you are a Master 70+
If you are competing in nationals, make sure to sign up BOTH on Rcherz for the state event AND on Sport80 for USA Archery Nationals.
- Register for the ITAA JOAD State Championship
- Register for the USAA JOAD National Championship
- Fill in the ITAA One-Question Online Questionnaire
Some of the steps mentioned above can be tricky to find. There’s some extra explanation over here.