2018 ILLINOIS TARGET ARCHERY ASSOCIATION
JOAD STATE INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIP
The Illinois State JOAD indoor tournament has begun. #theta360 – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
The 1pm line of the 2018 ITAA Indoor State JOAD Championship. #archery #theta360 – Spherical Image – RICOH THETA
The ITAA is pleased to invite you to the 2018 JOAD Indoor state championship. This event is an opportunity to really test your mettle against other competitors and other JOAD teams from all over.
Sunday, January 14th Town Hall Archery, Belleville
Shooting Times 9:00 AM | 1:00 PM
Saturday, January 20th DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton (Buildings 2 & 3)
Shooting Times 9:00 AM | 1:00 PM
- JOAD Indoor Round – 18M Indoor 600 ROUND. All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery JOAD guidelines.
- There are multiple days of sessions, but each archer only shoots during one session.
- All Compound competitors shoot on a 40 cm FITA target face. All Compound competitors use the Inner-10 Ring for scoring.
- All Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60 cm FITA target face. All Cadet and Junior Recurve or Barebow/Basic Bow competitors will shoot on a 40cm FITA target face.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. Register below.
- Trophies or Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- TOURNAMENT FEE $30.00, pay on arrival. (Registrations within the final two weeks are an additional $10 Register after Jan 1st for Southern or Jan 7th for Northern = $40.00)
- There is a family maximum fee of $75 ($100 for late registrations). Family discounts on ITAA Event Fees are described at the link.
- Arrive 1 hour before your start time for equipment inspection.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller.
- JOAD Participants must be a member in a registered USA Archery JOAD Program and hold a USA Archery Membership card. This proof of membership will be required during registration and verified at check-in.
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced.
- Out-of-state shooters are welcome and eligible for awards. (We had shooters from 4 states last year, and are excited and proud at the performances they put in)
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
- The shooting line for each time slot has a maximum number of spaces. After that, registration for that line will be closed. Any extra registrations will be contacted for their preference on another line, if available. (Southern: 26 per session — Northern: 100 per session)
- A double-line 600 round takes around 3 hours to complete. With early arrival for check-in, shooting, and pack-up, plan on the round to require around 5 hours of time in your day. The rounds themselves take around 3 hours and 15 minutes just for the shooting portion.
Registration is now open. The registration links are at the bottom.
JOAD Team Competition
This event also awards a team championship for the best team performance.
The JOAD Team Championship this year will awarded to the club with the highest score from the sum of:
- Any 2 Compound shooters
- Any 2 Recurve shooters
- Any 1 Barebow shooter
So there are 5 scoring slots, regardless of JOAD age or gender. We will take the highest scores, so you don’t have to designate specific shooters ahead of time.
We will be asking for your JOAD club name during registration to set up our team score keeping. The Rcherz.com site has some quirks regarding entering club affiliations that can delay displaying your club on the event list. As long as you’ve typed it into the registration form, we can retrieve it later when we go over the lists. We will follow up with entrants later if we cannot determine your JOAD club.
For clarification, here are the age categories for 2018:
- If you were born in 1998, 1999, or 2000 you are a Junior
- If you were born in 2001, 2002 or 2003 you are a Cadet
- If you were born in 2004 or 2005 you are a Cub
- If you were born in 2006 or more recently, you are a Bowman
If you are in doubt, many people use this handy online JOAD age calculator from the Texas organization. (Just remember that this event is in 2018, and the division ages change on Jan 1st.)
Iowa-Illinois Dual-State Championship
2016 was the inaugural year for the Iowa-Illinois dual-state championship. This award is won by having the highest combined score in your category of both the Illinois JOAD State Indoor and Iowa JOAD State Indoor championships.
Many of last year’s winners are eager to defend their titles and many runners-up are eager to win out this year.
The Iowa State JOAD Indoor Championships is February 17th-18th, 2018. So mark that date on your calendar, as well!
Southern Venue Registration
- Town Hall Archery, Belleville, January 14th, 2018 (Sunday)
- Southern Venue Registration
Northern Venue Registration:
- DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, January 20th, 2018 (Saturday)
- Northern Venue Registration – Rcherz.com