On Saturday, January 14th, at 6:00pm in the evening after the State JOAD Indoor, Kishwaukee archers is running a JOAD pairs double-elimination head-to-head tournament. If you’re in the area for the state shoot, come out Saturday night to challenge yourself against the wider range of JOAD archers!
- This will be an 18 meter, set-system elimination tournament.
- Compounds will be separated from all other equipment divisions, who will compete together. All ages will compete together.
- Sign up as a pair with a fun Team Name. Team members must be JOAD club members however membership to the SAME club is not required.
- Scoring will use standard USA Archery scoring, all on 40cm size targets.
- Both team members much shoot the same style of target face, but they can choose any of the Tri 3-spot ,Vertical 3-spot or Single-spot.
- Each team member will have 2 minutes to shoot 3 arrows.
- All divisions will shoot Set System matches to 5 points. (1 point for a end tie. 2 points for a win. Tied at 5 will call for sudden death with each team member shooting 1 arrow total score until the tie is broken by arrow score.)
- Winners will continue on, losing teams will be moved to the second bracket. Losses in the second bracket will eliminate teams from the tournament.
- Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both brackets.
- $25 per team registration
- Registration: Send email to Randy Rutledge at email@example.com with team name, shooter names, and Compound or Recurve/Barebow/Basic Bow/Traditional.
On Saturday morning, a NCAA-style bracket draw will be held to randomly seed the first bracket. There is no initial seeding round.
You must be logged in to post a comment.