2015 ILLINOIS TARGET ARCHERY ASSOCIATION
JOAD INDOOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
With the continuing explosion of JOAD throughout the state, the ITAA is pleased to invite you to the 2015 JOAD Indoor state championship. This event is an opportunity to really test your mettle against other competitors and other JOAD teams from all over.
Results are posted here!
On the January 17th, the ITAA held its Indoor State JOAD Championship as a 600 round. This event featured 113 youth shooters, all decked out in their team colors and shirts. Our JOAD teams from all over the state (and some neighboring states) have been working hard all indoor season, and this was a great opportunity to show off their skills.
In addition to the individual competitions, we also held a team competition, with each JOAD club being represented by their highest scoring male and female competitor in each bow style of Barebow, Recurve, and Compound. This year the winning club was TAZ JOAD from Woodstock.
Congratulations to our new JOAD champions!
January 17 Kishwaukee Archers, Sycamore
8:00 AM * Noon * 4:00 PM Shooting Times
Note: The Saturday lines are full. Some shuffling of schedules always occurs, and there may be slots that come open between now and the event.
If you are still interested in shooting, including shooting during a hypothetical Friday evening line on January 16th, please register using the “Wait List” time slot.
- 18M Indoor 600 FITA ROUND. All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery JOAD guidelines.
- All Compound competitors shoot on a 40 cm FITA target face. Bowman and Cubs use the standard 10-Ring for scoring. Cadets, and Juniors use the inner 10-Ring for scoring.
- All Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60 cm FITA target face. All Cadet, Junior, and Collegiate Recurve or Barebow/Basic Bow competitors will shoot on a 40cm FITA target face.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER BELOW.
- Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- TOURNAMENT FEE $20.00
- Arrive 1 hour before your start time for equipment inspection.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller.
- JOAD Participants must be a member in a registered USA Archery JOAD Program and hold a USA Archery Membership card. This proof of membership will be requested at check-in.
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced.
- Out of state shooters are welcome and eligible for medals.
For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
The shooting line for each time slot has a maximum of 36 spaces. After that, registration for that line will be closed.
For clarification, here are the age categories for 2015:
- If you were born in 1995, 1996, or 1997 you are a Junior
- If you were born in 1998, 1999 or 2000 you are a Cadet
- If you were born in 2001 or 2002 you are a Cub
- If you were born in 2003 or more recently, you are a Bowman