Sunday, February 15th at 4:00 PM
Results are now posted!
On February 15th the ITAA also held its Collegiate Indoor Championship. This is the reemergence of collegiate archery as its own competitive category in the ITAA. For this year’s event, shooters represented the University of Chicago, Northwestern University, Elgin Community College, and Northern Illinois University.
Most of these shooters are the inaugural class of members of the archery groups at their respective schools. As the JOAD teams develop, the work these participants are doing to build archery clubs at their colleges will pave the way for the growth of collegiate archery across the state.
In addition to the individual competitions, we also held a team competition, with each University being represented by their highest scoring male and female competitor in each bow style of Barebow, Recurve, and Compound. This year the winning school was the University of Chicago.
Congratulations to our new Collegiate Champions!
- All compound competitors use the inner 10-Ring for scoring.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER BELOW.
- TOURNAMENT FEE $20.00 each day
- Arrive 1 hour before your start time for equipment inspection.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller in diameter.
- The USA Archery dress code will be encouraged, but we especially encourage wearing college team shirts or representative collegiate apparel.
- Out of state shooters are welcome and eligible for medals.
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
- We will have only Compound, Olympic Recurve, Barebow/Basic Bow
- Participants may shoot as individuals if your college does not have a program, or as part of a collegiate team or club
- There will be team/club awards for recognized programs within a college or university. An aggregate score of each of the the top bow style/gender categories will determine the team championship.
- No organizational membership requirement if your school does not have an official club or team. You merely need to be a currently enrolled student at a four-year college or university, two-year junior college, or post-high school trade school. College ID, copy of current class schedule, meal card, or such similar item to show current enrollment will be requested at check in.
- Participants can also shoot the ITAA 18M event on 2/14 and 25M on the morning of 2/15, but must register separately for those under the established USA Archery categories and membership requirements.