2017 ILLINOIS TARGET ARCHERY ASSOCIATION
JOAD OUTDOOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
After 10 hours at 85 degrees, the first draft of results are posted:
For those attending, here are some additional notes about the event from the tournament director Bill Scully:
NOTE: The venue for this event is getting really full. The bales are all allocated to various distance/target combinations, so the remaining slots are empty slots on the bales. (Compound Cubs and Recurve/Barebow Bowman)
Other registrants will go onto a waiting list. Historically, around 10% of registrants will drop out of an event, so I do anticipate openings existing in the week before the event. If a situation does arise and you need to drop out, I do appreciate how well our community always does about contacting us so we can free up slots for other participants.
I’m delighted at the response to this event. I do want to clarify that the all-ages ITAA Outdoor State Championship will take place as usual in August, as well. So if you do not end up with a slot for this event, you will still have opportunity to participate in a state championship this summer.
JOAD Outdoor State Championship
The ITAA is pleased to invite you to the 2017 JOAD Outdoor State Championship. This event is an opportunity to really test your mettle against other competitors and other JOAD teams from all over.
This is the first year we are holding an outdoor JOAD state championship tournament. This will be a 720 qualification round at your nationals distance (determined by age class and bow division), and head-to-head eliminations after a lunch break.
The awards for each category (age/class/division) will be based on finishing position in the elimination round.
Registration is below. Registration closes June 1st.
June 10th Town Hall Archery, Belleville
5901 Cool Sports Rd, Belleville, IL 62223
Shooting Begins 9:00 AM
- JOAD 720 Round – All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery JOAD guidelines.
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. Register below.
- Trophies or Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- TOURNAMENT FEE $35.00, pay on arrival.
- There is a family maximum fee of $87. Family discounts on ITAA Event Fees are described at the link.
- Arrive 1 hour before your start time for equipment inspection and setup (arrive at 8:00 am).
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller.
- JOAD Participants must be a member in a registered USA Archery JOAD Program and hold a USA Archery Membership card. This proof of membership will be required during registration and verified at check-in.
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced.
- Out-of-state shooters are welcome and eligible for awards.
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer.
- We’re hoping to have capacity for at least 56 archers, but that number may fluctuate with a combination of distance and other factors.
The distance that each archer will shoot is determined by their age and bow type. These are listed in the JOAD Club Handbook (page 59 of the 2016 edition):
Registration will is right here.
Junior Recurve is full. Future Junior Recurve registrations will go onto a waiting list.
Other divisions are getting pretty full, as well. William Scully is handling each category individually to verify that there is space on a target bale before confirming registrations.