FEB 10 – 12, 2023
DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, IL
Rigneys School of Archery, Glenarm, IL
2023 ITAA Indoor State Championship (All-Ages)
We have updated our schedule of events. We have consolidated the Elimination Rounds to be one event on Saturday, and removed the team round from Sunday. This has let us bring back the 25 Meter round on Sunday! There is a new link to register for the 25 Meter round at the bottom of the page.
The ITAA is proud to hold this 2023 ITAA State Championships. This is one of the best changes to compete against archers from Illinois and traveling from other states! Registration is now open. The registration links are posted at the bottom. You may register for any or all 3 events (if age eligible), but each registration needs to be done separately.
All USA Archery sanctioned events adhere to the USAA Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies. As with past tournaments, all coaches and event volunteers must demonstrate current SafeSport status before the event.
Reporting any concerning or unsafe conduct to the Center for SafeSport can be done at the USA Archery SafeSport resources web site.
Our Indoor State Championships are back to being a combination of events. This year we have five events!:
- JOAD 18 Meter State Championships: Friday evening
- All-Ages 18 Meter State Championships: Saturday morning
- Everybody Elimination Round (JOAD and All-Ages participants): Saturday afternoon
Adult (18+) Elimination Round: Sunday morning Mixed Team Round: Sunday afternoon (addition fee)
- All-Ages 25 Meter State Championship: Sunday morning (Northern venue only)
JOAD archers are always welcome to compete in the All-Ages tournament. We recommend that all youth archers get advice from their instructors about readiness and volume of competition arrows.
If you’re available to help set up or tear down, we can use extra hands.
The early-bird fee for each 18 Meter event (Championship + Elimination Round) is $55 before Jan 21st, and $75 after that.
The fee for the Sunday 25 Meter event is $40.
The cost to enter the Mixed Team round is $50 per team.
- Friday, Feb 10th
- 6:00 PM – JOAD Championship
- Saturday, Feb 11th
- 9:00 AM – All-Ages Championship
1:30 PM – JOAD Elimination Round
- 1:30 PM – Elimination Round for everybody (all participants in JOAD and/or All-Ages event eligible)
- Sunday, Feb 12th
10:00 AM – Adult Elimination Round 1:00 PM – Mixed Team Round
- 10:00 AM – All Ages 25 Meter Championship
The northern venue is at the DuPage County Fairgrounds in Wheaton. We have used this for several years in a row now.
DuPage County Fairgrounds
2015 Manchester Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
The southern venue is at Rigneys School of Archery in Glenarm, near Springfield. They also hosted last year and have been participants for a long time.
The format for the JOAD Championships event is an 18 meter JOAD 600 Round. The JOAD Round allows for the larger 60cm target for younger non-compound archers.
In the JOAD tournament only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. In all other circumstances, the 40cm-size will be used (regardless of single or 3-spot).
The format for the All-Ages Championship event is 60 arrows at a standard 4-color World Archery target.
Elimination Round (Northern venue only):
The day after the championship for each group (JOAD-only, all-ages) there will be an elimination round head-to-head bracket event. The entry fee for the championship event covers entry into this round, as well. The Sunday morning elimination round is not all-ages, and is for adults only.
On Saturday afternoon there will be an elimination round head-to-head bracket event. All participants in either of the JOAD or the All-Ages Championship events are eligible to compete in the elimination round. The entry fee for either championship event covers entry into this round, as well.
If you are shooting at the southern venue and would like to participate in the elimination round the following day or the 25 Meter round Sunday, you can definitely do that.
Mixed Team competitions (Northern venue only) feature pairs of archers competing. Each team is one female and one male archer. Teams can be any age and age combination. The divisions are Barebow, Recurve, and Compound. That will take place on Sunday afternoon after the all-ages elimination round (1:00 pm). The fee for each team is $50. The winning team in each division wins $250.
We hope everyone is excited about the new format, the more participation we have in the new events the more likely we will continue to host them in the future.
Get your team together and come out Sunday afternoon for a chance to win $250!
How do I register?
The registration links are at the bottom of this page.
Standard Tournament Info
- All age, gender, and bow style categories will comply with USA Archery guidelines.
- Participants must be a current member of USA Archery. NFAA members must submit a (free) Temporary Membership through USA Archery. If no membership can be shown, be prepared to purchase a USA Archery membership upon arrival.
- All Compound competitors shoot on a 40cm target face.
- All Compound competitors use the inner 10-Ring for scoring.
- In the JOAD event only, all Bowman and Cub Recurve and Barebow/Basic Bow competitors shoot on a 60cm target face. All Cadet and Junior Recurve or Barebow/Basic Bow competitors will shoot on a 40cm FITA target face.
- All 3-spot target faces are vertical 3-spots
- PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT. YOU CAN PRE-REGISTER USING THE LINK BELOW.
- Trophies or Medal awards will be presented to the first three places in each category.
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced. (Summary here)
- Out of state shooters are welcome and eligible for medals.
- Arrive 1 hour before your start time for setup and equipment inspection.
- Arrow size must be 23/64 inches or smaller in diameter. (Note: 2317s are too large, and cannot be used.)
- The USA Archery dress code will be enforced. (Summary here)
- For more information about what to expect at an ITAA event, read this helpful tournament primer. The USA Archery Event Reference Guide is a great intro and refresher for how to prepare for an event.
- The shooting line for each time slot has a maximum of number of spaces. After that, registration for that line will be closed.
- A double-line 600 round takes around 2.5 hours shooting time to complete. With early arrival for check-in, shooting, and tear-down, plan on a 600 to require around 4 hours of time in your day.
All shooters will be eligible for medals regardless of registry method.
USA Archery Age Categories for 2023:
If you were born in 2011 or more recently, you are a Bowman
If you were born in 2009 or 2010, you are a Cub
If you were born in 2006, 2007 or 2008, you are a Cadet
If you were born in 2003, 2004, or 2005, you are a Junior
If you were born in 2002-1974, you are a Senior
If you were born in 1973-1964, you are a Master 50+
If you were born in 1963-1954, you are a Master 60+
If you were born in 1953-1944, you are a Master 70+
- Bowman – 12
- Cub – 13,14
- Cadet (U18) – 15,16,17
- Junior (U21) – 18,19,20
- Senior – 21-49
- Master – 50-59
- Master 60+ – 60-69
- Master 70+ – 70-79
If you have questions about events in general, your club leaders can steer you in a good direction. Otherwise reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skilled photography is difficult and time-consuming. We highly appreciate volunteers lending their skills to our events. Photos help spread the fun of archery beyond our community. If you’re willing to be an event photographer, please reach out to email@example.com so that we can get credentials and protocols in place.
Event Photography (eventually) gets posted on the ITAA Shutterfly page.
JOAD State Championship:
This registration covers entry into the free JOAD elimination round. Make sure to select the northern/southern venue when you register!
Use the JOAD link to register for all time slots for the JOAD tournament:
All-Ages State Championship 18 Meter (Saturday):
This registration covers entry into the free Adult elimination round. Make sure to select the northern/southern venue when you register!
Use the All-Ages 18 Meters link to register for the All-ages tournament 18 Meters
All-Ages State Championship 25 Meters (Sunday, Northern Venue only):
Use the All-Ages 25 Meters link to register for the All-ages tournament 25 Meters
Mixed Team Event: Use the Google Docs link to register for the Mixed Team Event. ($50 per team) Click here to register for the Mixed Team Event